Russell Athletic® News
Click the title of the article below to download the original news release.
- Buena Vista High School of Buena Vista, CO. Wins Fight Like Dylan Award The town of Buena Vista, Colo. suffered an awful tragedy in September, when a rock slide took the lives of five people on a family hike, including assistant football coach Dwayne Johnson and his wife, track and field coach Dawna Johnson. Three other family members also passed away, but through Dwayne’s strength and courage, he was able to save the couple’s 13-year-old daughter, Gracie Johnson. The football team was understandably overcome with emotion the rest of the season but made an incredible run, finishing with an 11-1 record before falling in the CHSAA 1A Football Championship state semifinals.
- Russell Athletic Introduces New Uniform Fabric “Maximum Strength Compression” Russell Brands, LLC today announced a new uniform fabric – Maximum Strength Compression (MSC) – that provides a high stretch, high strength component to its football uniforms. MSC features a vertical pattern construction for optimal fit, while the mesh construction provides the highest breathability. The new uniform will be unveiled at the inaugural Raycom College Football All-Star Classic on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 2 p.m. (CT) at Cramton Bowl in Montgomery and will be broadcast live on CBS Sports Network.
- Pro Football Stars Pierre Garçon and Mark Ingram Partner with Russell Brands, LLC Russell Athletic®, a division of Russell Brands, LLC, today announced new partnerships with Washington wide receiver Pierre Garçon and New Orleans running back Mark Ingram. Both star professional football players will serve as Russell ambassadors, representing the brand’s wide array of products and company interests across a number of initiatives.
- Russell Athletic® Together We R™ Campaign Enters 2nd Year Russell Brands, LLC, today announced the extension of the Russell Athletic® brand’s Together We R™ advertising campaign, which originally debuted in 2011. A new television spot, “Declaration,” premiered in conjunction with the start of college football on CBS and ESPN. The brand will also continue to run its “Plural” television spot.This year’s Together We R™ campaign will also include an in-depth digital component, which asks fans to declare their commitment to their team. The digital piece will live on russellathletic.com and will be supported by digital ad buys on ESPN.com and CBSsports.com
- 2nd Annual Russell Athletic® “Fight Like Dylan Award” Honors Teams Triumphing Over Adversity Russell Brands, LLC, today announced the second annual “Fight Like Dylan Award,” which honors the courageous life of Dylan Rebeor, a terminally ill football player whose last wish was for new equipment for his teammates. In honor of Dylan’s character, courage and consideration of others, Russell will donate apparel and equipment via a $50,000 grant to one high school team that has demonstrated determination through sports.
- Russell Athletic® to be Official Uniform of the Australian Baseball League Russell Athletic today announced it has signed a three-year contract with the Australian Baseball League (ABL) to be the official on-field uniform of the ABL. Australian Baseball League teams, which consist of elite national players from across Australia, will wear Russell Athletic-branded uniforms and Russell Athletic will become the preferred apparel supplier of the league beginning in August 2012.
- Russell Athletic® and Ohio University Enter Into 5 Year Partnership Russell Brands, LLC, today announced the renewal of the Ohio University sponsorship agreement. Russell Athletic will continue to be the official team uniform and apparel outfitter of Ohio University Athletics for 5 additional years.
- Marvel Entertainment & Russell Athletic Create Collegiate Apparel Program Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a global character-based entertainment licensing company, announced today a licensing agreement with Russell Athletic for a Marvel Super Hero-Russell Athletic Collegiate apparel program. The program will reach up to 200 colleges across the country. Product will be available starting this summer just in time for the start of the new school year.
- Russell Athletic® New Title Sponsor for Orlando Bowl Russell Athletic, a division of Russell Brands, LLC, and Florida Citrus Sports (FCSports) have entered into a partnership to present the Russell Athletic® Bowl in Orlando, Fla. through 2015. The 2012 Russell Athletic® Bowl, most-recently known as the Champs Sports Bowl, will be played on December 28th at 5:30 p.m. (EST) at Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium and air live on ESPN. The game will once again pit top teams from the Atlantic Coast and Big East Conferences.
- Russell Athletic® Dri-Power 360™ Healthiest Habitats Study Finds Northern California Bay Area Most Physically Active in the Nation The West Coast reigns supreme as the most active region in the country, according to new results from the Dri-Power 360™ Healthiest Habitats study released today by Russell Brands, LLC. Fielded by Sperling’s BestPlaces, the study analyzed major metro areas in the United States to determine whose residents are living the most active and healthiest lifestyles.
- Russell Athletic® Launches All New Women’s Apparel Line Russell Brands, LLC, today announced the launch of the Russell Athletic® brand’s new women’s apparel line in conjunction with a refreshed e-commerce site and contemporized logo. With 18 styles available at launch, ranging from performance fleece and hoodies to active skorts and capris, the new line and ecommerce platform ensures there’s something to suit active women everywhere.
- Professional Golfers Kenny Perry and Josh Teater to Endorse Russell Athletic® Apparel in 2012 Russell Athletic Brands, LLC, today announced professional golfers Kenny Perry and Josh Teater will serve as golf ambassadors for the Russell Athletic® brand. Both Kentucky natives, Perry and Teater will wear apparel from the Russell Athletic Dri-Power® performance line, which incorporates moisture transfer properties that help keep the athlete’s skin drier and more comfortable, on the PGA Tour this season. They will also utilize the full line of Russell Athletic® apparel in their off-course training and fitness routines.
- Russell Athletic Creates New iPad Customization Uniform Builder Application Russell Brands, LLC, today announced the launch of the Russell Athletic® brand’s uniform builder application for iPad, a mobile interface that allows coaches, athletic directors and sports enthusiasts to create and save unique uniform designs on the go. The application, which is free and one of the first of its kind for team sports, was developed to allow users to work on uniform combinations anywhere with the same capabilities as a web-based version.